[XeTeX] Converting legacy encodings to utf-8

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Jul 12 00:40:31 CEST 2006

On 11 Jul 2006, at 11:06 pm, Ross Moore wrote:

> Tell me where to look and I'll try to make time to see if
> there is anyway to include back-compatibility support for
> Greek input within  xunicode .

It looks like the Babel Greek support, at least, is based on a legacy
encoding that assumes ASCII letters are replaced by Greek characters,
so there's nothing for xunicode to get hold of. I suppose a font
mapping could possibly be used to map the ASCII letters to Unicode
Greek codes for use with a Unicode font.

Really, though, all this language support stuff needs to be updated
for Unicode. Who's ready to write the unibabel package? :)