[XeTeX] Fonts in the XeTeX installer?

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 00:09:48 CEST 2006

Hi Jonathan,

With the pre-release of Ralf's FPL Neu, I started thinking about the
possibility of starting to include some OTF fonts in the XeTeX
installer.

Candidates for inclusion: FPL Neu, Latin Modern (which could then be
set up to be used by default), those nice Polish fonts (Antykwa
Torunska, Iwona, etc.), and if possible, Gentium, Doulos SIL, Charis
SIL, ...

Advantages would be cross-platform access to a nice set of high
quality OpenType fonts; yes, it's trivial to install them all
manually, but I'm not sure that's a step that users should be
subjected to.

Has anyone any thoughts in this area?

Will