[XeTeX] Type 1 fonts in W32 XeTeX

Pierre Weil pierre.weil at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 12:52:22 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've been using the W32 version of XeTeX for a couple of days and am
ecstatic to be able to use this wonderful program. However, I'm
getting some weird behavior when trying to use any type 1 font.
Namely, words don't seem to stay on one line. I've attached a simple
example which I generated with

\font\x="Helvetica LT"\x One two three four five.\bye

This happens with every type 1 font I've tried, but of course opentype
fonts work perfectly. I don't know whether this is a problem with the
W32 port or if XeTeX is not meant to support type 1 fonts at all, but
regardless I am quite stumped.

Thanks,

Pierre Weil

P.S. I am running  XeTeX 3.141592-0.994a (Web2C 7.5.5)