[XeTeX] Greek hyphenation

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Jan 16 18:21:06 CET 2006

On 16 Jan 2006, at 5:01 pm, Yves Codet wrote:

> Le 16 janv. 06, à 14:12, Jonathan Kew a écrit :
>
>> I've fixed one issue in the code for 0.991, at least; I'm not
>> completely sure if this is the only problem, but it seems to be
>> working for me. I hope to find time to finish and release 0.991
>> fairly soon, but email me if you'd like to hand-install and try an
>> interim version to see if it solves the Greek issue for you.
>
> I've just installed 0.991. I guess my gwTeX has to be updated since
> neither the system nor kpsewhich found fmtutil-sys, so I used
> iInstaller to configure.

(Note to anyone following this discussion: no, you didn't miss a
release -- 0.991 isn't out yet.)

> In the decomposed version of "Daphnis", most of the time there is
> no hyphenation after a diacritic, even if it is two or three
> syllables before the hyphenation point, for instance in a word
> which should have been hyphenated like this: ἁπαλώτε-
> ρα. But there were a few cases of hyphenations after diacritics:
> γενέ-σει, πλού-σιος. As far as I could see, when
> there is no diacritic before the hyphenation point, hyphenation
> always occurs.

Could you try another test for me? I'm attaching a small file "gr-
test.tex". Please process this from the Terminal in two ways, and
send me the resulting log and PDF files (off-list, I suggest, to
reduce clutter). I'd like to confirm whether you're seeing the same
results as I do with this example.

	xelatex -jobname=gr-test-xelatex gr-test

	xetex -ini -jobname=gr-test-ini gr-test

Thanks,