[XeTeX] Dingbat symbol

Joachim Trinkwitz jtr at uni-bonn.de
Tue Jan 10 10:31:09 CET 2006

Am 07.01.2006 um 10:43 schrieb Jonathan Kew:

> In XeTeX, you need to load the font, either directly with a \font
> command, e.g.:
>
> 	\font\dingbats="Zapf Dingbats" at 12pt
>
> or (if you're dealing with LaTeX) using the fontspec package:
>
> 	\newfontinstance\dingbats{Zapf Dingbats}
>
> Then you can print a telephone by saying {\dingbats \char"260E}.

Great, this works fine. I defined a shortcut for the telephone
location symbol, which looks best in my opinion.

Thanks for your work with XeTeX and for making it free!

joachim

Dr. Joachim Trinkwitz     E-Mail: jtr at uni-bonn.de
Germanistisches Seminar   Tel.: 0228-737565
der Universität Bonn      Fax: 0228-737479
Am Hof 1d, 53113 Bonn     www.germanistik.uni-bonn.de