[XeTeX] A question regarding 7bits versus 8 bits encoding and fonts

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Feb 19 17:34:48 CET 2006

Le 18 févr. 06 à 12:26, Damlamian, Alain a écrit :

> %%%%%% BEGIN FILE %%%%%%
>
> %!TEX TS-program = xetex
> %!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
> \magnification 1400
> \input 8bitdefscopy.tex
> éàüîê
>  éàüîê
> \bigskip
> \font\zap='Zapfino' at 16pt
> \font\KuenstlerB='KuenstlerScript/B' at 16pt
> \font\Kuenstler='KuenstlerScript' at 16pt
> \zap Test
> *áaáaá   \'e
> \Kuenstler Test
> *áaáaá  \'e
> *\end

Did you add this line, from a message "Rép : [OS X TeX] New to the
list with a cocktail of questions on how to migrate from Textures" by
Jonathan Kew to the OS X TeX list on 5 February:

\XeTeXinputencoding "macintosh"

This should work provided you did use Mac OS Roman encoding in
your .tex file (as I assume from your call to 8bitdefscopy.tex).

In the long run, it would probably be better to convert your source
files to the UTF-8 encoding.

Bruno Voisin