[XeTeX] again russian, german, english...

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Feb 16 09:25:09 CET 2006

Le 16 févr. 06 à 07:15, Martin Henning a écrit :

>> I see the bad art-icle in your PDF, but when I re-run the sample
>> here, I get "arti-cle" instead! Very odd. Apparently something
>> about my configuration is different from yours. Could I see your
>> language.dat file (as located by "kpsewhich language.dat") to see
>> if I can reproduce the problem you're having?
>
> unfortunately our command doesn't work for me? maybe i should have
> done it differently? i did it on the console, even as root.
> "Command not found." used locate, though, and i have about 5
> language.dat files - which one do you need?
>
> /opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/
> rsync.rsync.opendarwin.org_dpupdate_dports/print/teTeX/files/patch-
> language.dat
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/tex/generic/config/language.dat
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/generic/config/language.dat
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/generic/config/language.dat
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/lambda/config/language.dat
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/platex/config/language.dat
>
> i looked into every one of them, and in none of them the english
> stuff seems to be disabled - at least not the american part. does
> it mean, that americans behave so strange and i should rather
> uncomment the british version?! :))

If runnning in Terminal:

	kpsewhich language.dat

doesn't work, then your TeX setup is broken somehow. You should have
a kpsewhich executable, and it should be either:

	/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/kpsewhich
	/usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current/kpsewhich

Do you have any specific path setting, by the way? What does the
following return, in Terminal:

	echo $PATH

Assuming you installed nothing else Unicky than TeX and friends,
using i-Installer, the above should return something like:

	/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-
darwin-current:/usr/local/bin

DarwinPorts should add a /opt/local/bin somewhere, and Fink (I
think) /sw/bin.

Regarding the file language.dat at /opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/
rsync.rsync.opendarwin.org_dpupdate_dports/print/teTeX/files/patch-
language.dat, it means you have the DarwinPorts infrastructure
installed (the file patch-language.dat belongs to the teTeX
portfile), but not the specific teTeX port installed. Thus it should
be harmless, I imagine.

Bruno Voisin