[XeTeX] again russian, german, english...

Martin Henning martin at easy2design.de
Fri Feb 10 08:31:16 CET 2006

Hello list,

i'm really sorry to have to bug you again with this topic, but i
simply can't get it to work properly. I put together a test page,
which contains my current setup and illustrates my problems. It
should be processed with XeLaTeX.

So far i have the following things: Somehow the language selection
seems to work, as i can see how to fonts change. The english variant
looks fine to me, at least it is more or less beautiful. The Russian
variant seems to be pretty messed up though. Huge font, possibly
bold, a lot more space between lines and as the \itemize on the third
page shows, very ugly lists. The German font looks ok, though i loose
all my Umlauts, which makes it kinda of useless to use German :))
Finally i get warnings that something is not allowed in
PDFEncodedString - i guess that's why the last problem arises: PDF-
Menu doesn't show Cyrillic. I have seen it in other PDFs so it seems
to be possible, just don't know how! My paper is due on March 1st, so
i'm hoping it will be enough time for me to make it beautiful :)

Thank you very much,

Martin

P.S.: Since i'm in moscow, i have some trouble with internet on
weekends... today i have some internet until early evening, then
again on monday. So please don't think i am ignoring you or am not
interested in your comments anymore! :)