[XeTeX] christmas fontspec (1.13)

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 08:08:53 CET 2006

Hello,

I've just updated fontspec 1.13 in the SVN repository:
   <http://scripts.sil.org/svn-public/xetex/TRUNK/texmf/tex/xelatex/
fontspec/>
With documentation:
   <http://scripts.sil.org/svn-public/xetex/TRUNK/texmf/doc/xelatex/
fontspec/>

It should fix the recent problems reported here, and moreover
provides a couple of minor new features.  Since TeXLive needs
finalising ASAP, I'd very much appreciate if a couple of brave souls
could try out the new version and confirm that their documents still
compile and/or their previous problems are solved.

New features:

  - Fonts and features can be varied over font size ranges, the only
remaining (useful) feature of LaTeX's NFSS not supported by fontspec.

  - The [RawFeature] feature can be used to bypass fontspec's
terminology and features input manually; e.g.
      [RawFeature=+smcp]
    Advanced users only! Sorry it took to long to implement, Ralf,
and thanks for the suggestion.

  - \setmainfont is provided as an alias to \setromanfont, which
doesn't make much sense when you're typesetting Greek!

Happy holidays,
Will