[XeTeX] Release: fontspec v1.12 & euenc

José Miguel Figueroa-O'Farrill jose at castalia.nildram.co.uk
Sun Dec 24 03:59:21 CET 2006

On 5 Nov 2006, at 03:05, Will Robertson wrote:

> ***
>
> Please report problems to the list. Good luck!

I updated fontspec as indicated in the message.  Now I find that
documents which used to compile no longer do.  In particular I get an
error in a file which starts with:

\documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{letter}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xunicode} % for Unicode accents
%
\defaultfontfeatures{Diacritics=Show,Mapping=tex-text,Color=000099}
%
\setromanfont{Hoefler Text}
%
\newfontinstance\kanafont[Color=000000]{Hiragino Mincho Pro W6}

The error seems to be triggered by the last line above, with error
message:

! Argument of \zf at iv@strnum at i has an extra }.
<inserted text>
                 \par
l.9 ...font[Color=000000]{Hiragino Mincho Pro W6}

I've run across a `}' that doesn't seem to match anything.
For example, `\def\a#1{...}' and `\a}' would produce
this error. If you simply proceed now, the `\par' that
I've just inserted will cause me to report a runaway
argument that might be the root of the problem. But if
your `}' was spurious, just type `2' and it will go away.

Runaway argument?
\c at zf@index \z@ \@tempswafalse \loop \ifnum \c at zf@index <\@tempcntb
\ifnum \ETC
.
! Paragraph ended before \zf at iv@strnum at i was complete.
<to be read again>
                    \par
l.19 ...font[Color=000000]{Hiragino Mincho Pro W6}

I suspect you've forgotten a `}', causing me to apply this
control sequence to too much text. How can we recover?
My plan is to forget the whole thing and hope for the best.

The log file has

(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/xelatex/fontspec/fontspec.sty
Package: fontspec 2006/08/20 v1.12 Advanced font selection for XeLaTeX

so it seems to be loading the new fontspec.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers, José