[XeTeX] Linux setup question (no xetex.fmt file found)

Dennis Drescher dennis_drescher at sil.org
Fri Dec 22 11:20:07 CET 2006

Ralf Stubner wrote:

> Which is useless. ls-R files are only searched in the top-most directory
> of a TEXMF-tree. And in most cases there is no need to specify a
> directory. Hence use
>
> sudo -H texhash
>
> to update the ls-R files in the system wide TEXMF trees and
>
> texhash
>
> to do the same for your personal ones.

I did the first one (sudo -H texhash), the output seemed right. BTW,
what is the -H for on sudo?

On the second one (texhash) everything failed due to permission issues
plus my home directory /home/dennis/.texmf-var/web2c wasn't even listed
in the output so it didn't touch that. It would seem that I have to run
it with the directory specified. Does that make sense or am I still
missing something?

Thanks for telling me about texhash. However, I still need to know how
to properly generate the xetex.fmt file. Any ideas on that?

Regards,

Dennis