[XeTeX] Θέμα: \XeTeXuseglyphmetrics

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Dec 17 15:13:20 CET 2006

On 17 Dec 2006, at 1:07 pm, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> The file xelatex.ini contains the following line
>
> \XeTeXuseglyphmetrics=1
>
> but on my system, which I have build from the
> new TeXLive sources I get
>
> apostolo at dhcppc0>> xetex -ini xetex.ini

You need to enable "extended mode" (as in e-TeX), by using the -etex
option or prefixing the filename with "*". Thus,

    xetex -ini -etex xetex.ini
or
    xetex -ini \*xetex.ini

(If you use the fmtutil utility to build formats, it should have the
correct commands in the fmtutil.cnf file.)

> This is XeTeX, Version 3.141592-2.2-0.995 (Web2C
> 7.5.5) (INITEX)
> (./xetex.ini
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.2     \XeTeXuseglyphmetrics
>                              =1
>
> Is this possible? In addition, if I press enter to
> skip the command, then I get zillions of lines like
> the
> following one:
>
> Overfull \hbox (9.27414pt too wide) in paragraph at
> lines 11--6
> \tenrm "01"0F82 "01"0F83 "01"0F84 "01"0F86 "01"0F87
> "01"0F90 "01"0F91 "01"0F92
> "01"0F93 "01"0F94 "01"0F95|

This looks to me like you have a mismatch between versions of the
xetex binary and the supporting macro files (in particular, unicode-
letters.tex). I see that your xetex version is 0.995; this means it
is not completely up to date, as the TL repository contains 0.996.
You should ensure you have fully up-to-date sources, and rebuild.

Actually, it looks like you also have an older xetex.ini; with the
version currently in the TL repository, you would have got other
errors as well. (I see you have xetex.ini in the current directory
where you're running this command, which means the version in the TL
tree is being ignored.)

HTH,