[XeTeX] Beamer with xelatex ?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Aug 30 18:18:21 CEST 2006

Am 30.08.2006 um 17:09 schrieb <jropers at freesurf.fr>:

> I get an error message '\pgfsysdriver not found'

This is a known issue. Since months or years. The problem is that
PGF, that calls itself "Portable Graphics Format," is not that
portable. It is a bit tricky inside, using PostScript.

Could be the situation has changed and Till Tantau could be motivated
to add a XeTeX driver for PGF, because XeTeX is now available on
almost every platform. Since PGF already supports dvips and pdfTeX,
it is just a dvipdfm configuration missing. If PGF's use of
PostScript is as restricted as in METAPOST (which I doubt for now),
this should be easy, because dvipdfm understands this.

'texdoc pgfuserguide' will reveal Till Tantau's eMail address. Good
luck!

--
Greetings

   Pete