[XeTeX] paper size

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Aug 26 20:28:26 CEST 2006

Am 26.08.2006 um 19:46 schrieb Joshua Grauman:

> I'm using .994a of XeTeX. Should this make a difference?

No. The change happened before, here (for Mac OS X):

06/06/06:
• JK: Updated to XeTeX 0.994
- added \XeTeXfonttype\font (0 = tfm, 1 = AAT, 2 = ICU)
- added support for \pdfpagewidth, \pdfpageheight
- added support for \pdfsavepos, \pdflast[xy]pos

I experienced that only the keywords \pdfpagewidth and \pdfpageheight
change the paper's size. Other dimensions only change the typeable
area on the sheet of paper. The important thing is: you need to load
geometry.

I do not use memoir, but when I substitute in a simple KOMA file the
header with memoir I see the first page unchanged in letter format,
only the following ones are correctly sized.

Maybe it's possible to reset the pagecounter after you created an
empty page first ... (joking)

--
Greetings

   Pete

One doesn't expect governments to obey the law because of some higher
moral development.  One expects them to obey the law because they
know that if they don't, those who aren't shot will be hanged.
                                                  --Michael Shirley