[XeTeX] paper size

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at mac.com
Sat Aug 26 14:07:15 CEST 2006

On Aug 26, 2006, at 1:45 AM, Joshua Grauman wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to set up a 6" x 9" paper size for printing a book at
> lulu.com
> and can't seem to get anything to change the paper size. After reading
> through this list, I found some discussion on \pdfpagewidth, but it
> doesn't appear to do anything. My pdf is always 8.5x11... Any
> thoughts?
> Here is the header of my document. Thanks.
>
> Josh
>

> %&program=xelatex
> %&encoding=UTF-8 Unicode
>
> \TeXXeTstate=1
>
> \documentclass[12pt,openany]{memoir}
>
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \usepackage{multicol}
> \usepackage{perpage}
>
> %\setlength{\pdfpageheight}{9in}
> %\setlength{\pdfpagewidth}{6in}
> \pdfpageheight = 9truein
> \pdfpagewidth = 6truein
>
> \setstocksize{9in}{6in}
>
> \paperheight=9in
> \paperwidth=6in

What version of XeTeX are you using? I am using the most recent 0.995.

This is what I tried:

----

%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

\TeXXeTstate=1

\documentclass[12pt,openany]{memoir}

\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{multicol}
\usepackage{perpage}

%\setlength{\pdfpageheight}{9in}
%\setlength{\pdfpagewidth}{6in}
%\pdfpageheight = 9truein
%\pdfpagewidth = 6truein

\setstocksize{9in}{6in}

%\paperheight=9in
%\paperwidth=6in

\begin{document}

This is odd

\end{document}

----

I tried your example and found that:

     \setstocksize{9in}{6in}

worked perfectly, whereas none of the others did. My assumption is
that memoir takes complete control of setting that page size. I got
no error messages.

SGM