[XeTeX] Strangeness with Minion Pro Opticals Small Caps

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Sun Aug 20 23:09:30 CEST 2006

Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> writes:

> I'm using the Reader-Provided (Adobe Reader 7.0.8 on Mac) Minion Pro
> fonts and do not see the problem when I compile your source.

Same here on Linux. I am positive that the fonts provided with AR are
fine. However, AR comes with Minion Pro v2.000, while Peter probably got
v1.001 together with 'Type classics for learners'. These different
versions have different glyph sets, different GSUB and GPOS tables etc.
Could it be that XeTeX gets confused when it sees different fonts
related by their size feature with different OT tables?

cheerio
ralf