[XeTeX] An example of the use of \x="[filename]"

Dalyoung haksan at mac.com
Sat Aug 19 17:27:45 CEST 2006

I downloaded "rev.C" and installed it.

As before, plain xetex and xelatex worked fine. But under XeTeX
+ConTeXt I got an error again. It is as follows:

Output written on typetest.xdv (1 page, 1664 bytes).
Transcript written on typetest.log.
TeXUtil | parsing file typetest.tui
TeXUtil | shortcuts : 169
TeXUtil | expansions: 308
TeXUtil | reductions: 0
TeXUtil | divisions : 0
TeXUtil | loaded files: 1
TeXUtil | temporary files: 0
TeXUtil | commands: 23
TeXUtil | programs: 0
TeXUtil | tuo file saved
typetest.xdv -> typetest.pdf
[1
** NOTICE: This document contains a `Preview & Print only' licensed
font **
]
** ERROR ** CFF: Invalid character.

Output file removed.
TeXExec | runtime: 17.264419

This error occurred  when I used my installed fonts. If I used some
system fonts installed by apple, it worked fine without any warnings
and errors.

typetest.xdv -> typetest.pdf
[1]
5563 bytes written

I tested the same file.  Did I miss something? My mac is running
under OS X 10.4.7 and the main language is Korean.

Thank you for reading.

Best regards,

Dalyoung