[XeTeX] An example of the use of \x="[filename]"

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at mac.com
Fri Aug 18 10:49:29 CEST 2006

In the name of sanity, I simplified the experiment. The font file (OTF) is now in the same directory as the TeX file.

The TeX file:

---------

\font\x="[SabonNextLT-Black]" at 12pt \x

This is fun

\bye

---------

The Console output:

---------

This is XeTeX, Version 3.141592-2.2-0.995 (Web2C 7.5.5)
entering extended mode
(./AAxxtest.tex [1]
** WARNING ** This .map file looks like a dvips format fotmap file.
** WARNING ** -- Current input buffer is: HoeflerTextOrnaments hoeflertextornaments <hoeflertextornaments.enc
** WARNING ** -- Reading fontmap file stopped at: file="dvipdfm.map", line=6.

Output file removed.
)
Output written on AAxxtest.pdf (1 page).
Transcript written on AAxxtest.log.

---------

I'm stymied :>}O

I have been updating XeTeX from the svn archive, but used i-Installer for 0.995.

By the way, what is the reference to HoeflerTextOrnaments?

Thanks.

SGM

PS The font I used yesterday was an OTF font converted hastily from an LWFN font using FontLab, thus the misleading name.