[XeTeX] fourier package with XeLaTeX

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Aug 17 19:30:29 CEST 2006

On 17 Aug 2006, at 6:13 pm, André Bellaïche wrote:

> Le 17 août 06 à 01:55, Akira Kakuto a écrit :

>>> But, is it possible anyway to say \usepackage
>>> {utopia} or \usepackage{fourier} in a XeLaTeX file ?
>>>

>> I think it is possible. If you are on Mac OS X,
>> try to use the driver xdvipdfmx by
>> xelatex --output-driver='xdvipdfmx -q -E' foo
>>
>> Best,
>> Akira
>>

> Dear Akira,
>
> Thank you for your answer.

> xelatex --output-driver='xdvipdfmx -q -E' Essai
>
> I get the following error messages:
> <snipped>
> [1sh: line 1: xdvipdfmx: command not found
> ]
> (./Essai.aux) )
> Broken pipe

This sounds like xdvipdfmx is not installed, or not on the current
PATH. Note that xdvipdfmx for Mac OS X was not included in the XeTeX
installation package until version 0.995, just released yesterday, so
if you haven't updated to this release then you won't have the driver
(unless you built your own copy).

On the other hand, if this worked for you earlier then you must have
the new driver... in which case something has happened to change your
path, or you're using a different machine, or something like that.