[XeTeX] xelatex not working

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Aug 9 18:58:53 CEST 2006

On 9 Aug 2006, at 5:36 pm, Ralf Stubner wrote:

> Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> writes:
>
>> However, I believe the precedence of DIST over LOCAL (where the xetex
>> additions currently end up) would still lead to the same problem.
>
> ACK. I just don't think it is very likely that DIST comes before LOCAL
> in the search order.

It seems to be OK in the current TL source repository, but I'm sure
I've seen them the other way round in some distro or other; I
remember being surprised by it.

>> Really, the main xkeyval in DIST needs to be updated.
>
> Indeed. And I assume that the next TeX Live will have an uptodate
> version.

Currently, it's new enough for fontspec but not the latest from CTAN;
care to check that it gets updated?

> Do you know to which extend package authors have been contacted about
> adding XeTeX support/detection to their packages?

No, I don't. This is something I haven't yet had time and energy to
pursue, but it should certainly be done for whatever packages have
engine/driver dependencies. In some cases (maybe geometry? crop?)
that have been discussed on the list, other users may have done this.
I don't generally use these things personally, so I'm not likely to
run across the issues until someone reports a problem!