[XeTeX] 'regular' font not found

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Aug 4 14:08:50 CEST 2006

On 3 Aug 2006, at 9:01 pm, William Adams wrote:

> On Aug 3, 2006, at 3:35 PM, Alex Lubberts wrote:
>
>> I'm using the Linux version 0.994a that I downloaded from the
>> website.
>
> That's kind of old. Hopefully, Jonathan Kew will be releasing .995
> once he returns from and gets settled down after his trip to
> Practical TeX, I suspect that'll fix this for you.

Yes, the first thing to try is building the latest (pre-0.995) code
from the Subversion repository. You can get the very latest from
TRUNK in Subversion (rather than TAGS/xetex-0.994a); this is not yet
a formal 0.995 release, but it's close, and it definitely includes
some fixes and improvements.

If the problem persists with that, then it'll most likely be a bug
that shows up because you're running on an AMD64, and I'll need to do
some debugging to isolate exactly what's happening.