[XeTeX] hyperref with XeTeX

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Aug 3 14:52:54 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 22:36:41 -0400
 Jon Breitenbucher <kahless at mac.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I just tried hyperref with dvipdfm option and others but the
> resulting pdf does not have active links in Preview. It does have
> active links in Acrobat. Should I be doing something differently?

No, it's not your fault -- this is due to a limitation of Webkit. It doesn't handle all PDF link/destination types. The fact that they work in Acrobat is your confirmation that you're doing things right.

It's possible that using the xdvipdfmx driver instead of xdv2pdf would write the links in a different form and thereby work around the issue, but I'm not sure this works in every case.