[XeTeX] XeTeX and font specimens

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu Aug 3 14:07:11 CEST 2006

On Aug 2, 2006, at 4:27 PM, Jon Breitenbucher wrote:

> Did you finish the LaTeX port? I assume so but didn't see it on CTAN
> or in the list. I'd be interested in it.

I've got a first rough pass at it, which works for the following:

%%%%%% Store the following in a file named for the font
%%%%%% one wants a specimen of, e.g., ``Hoefler Text.tex''
%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{typespec}
\begin{document}
\TypesetSample
\end{document}

when one has the ``typespec.sty'' file I've hacked together in one's
search path. (Attached)
This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient(s), any usage,  dissemination, disclosure, or
action taken in  reliance on it is prohibited.  The reliability of  this
method of communication cannot be guaranteed.  Email can be intercepted,
corrupted, delayed, incompletely transmitted, virus-laden,  or otherwise
affected during transmission. Reasonable steps have been taken to reduce
the risk of viruses, but we cannot accept liability for damage sustained
as a result of this message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it and notify the sender.