[XeTeX] XeTeX and font specimens

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Mon Apr 24 21:19:29 CEST 2006

I'd asked:

>>  - Stephen, would it be okay if I create a LaTeX version (a package
>> or documentclass) of these files w/ a front-end that lets one easily
>> plug in font names to generate samples?

and on Apr 24, 2006, at 2:58 PM, Stephen Moye replied:
> By all means! That would be really wonderful.

Thanks!

>>  - Should XeTeX be working with a font manager? I'm using Linotype's
>> free FontExplorer X to activate fonts and it's mostly working
>> (Bickham Script Pro Bold wouldn't work, but Regular and Semibold
>> did). I thought there'd been discussion that this _wasn't_ supposed
>> to work.
>
> My 2¢: FEX has always worked like a charm for me. Some of the
> earlier betas had some behavior problems, but that seems to be in
> the past. Worth every penny. Question is, does it (can it) work under
> Rosetta? How soon will there be a new version that works natively with
> Intel Macs?

www.versiontracker.com indicates that it works well, with just a
single mention of a work-around for a crash on start-up (force it to
start up under Rosetta manually then re-build the database).

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient(s), any usage,  dissemination, disclosure, or
action taken in  reliance on it is prohibited.  The reliability of  this
method of communication cannot be guaranteed.  Email can be intercepted,
corrupted, delayed, incompletely transmitted, virus-laden,  or otherwise
affected during transmission. Reasonable steps have been taken to reduce
the risk of viruses, but we cannot accept liability for damage sustained
as a result of this message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it and notify the sender.