[XeTeX] TeXShop metadata macros

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Apr 7 08:11:05 CEST 2006

Le 7 avr. 06 à 07:50, Will Robertson a écrit :

> I wrote a macro to do this conversion automatically for the
> frontmost document. Don't know if it will be useful for anyone, but
> feel free to distribute it to more visible locations if you like
> (e.g., the Mac OS X TeX list).
>
> There are also macros to set the encoding, typesetting program
> (albeit very basically), and master document. Hopefully they still
> work correctly :)

How should the .plist macro file be used? Just put inside ~/Library/
Preferences?

Another solution, to only get the old syntax

	%&program=xelatex
	%&encoding=UTF-8 Unicode

work alongside the new syntax

	%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
	%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

is to set the hidden TeXShop pref UseOldHeadingCommands by typing in
Terminal

	defaults write TeXShop UseOldHeadingCommands YES

I know Dick Koch doesn't advertise this solution because he prefers
people to abandon the old syntax completely (he had got reproaches
from the TeX community at the time, because the symbols "%&" are
reserved for TeX use), but IMHO it's the only way to ensure backwards
compatibility with older files like the XeTeX samples and docs.

Bruno Voisin