[XeTeX] Newbie needs help using packages with XeTeX

Paul Hoffman nkuitse at nkuitse.com
Wed Apr 5 02:53:28 CEST 2006

On Apr 4, 2006, at 1:16 AM, Linda Lanz wrote:

> The file is saved in Unicode,

There's more than one way to store Unicode text in a file -- Unicode is
essentially just a set of numbers associated with characters (e.g., the
number 120 represents lowercase x and the number 8364 represents the
Euro sign).  It's conceivable that XeTeX can't handle the particular
"flavor" of Unicode that you're giving it (like, I don't know,
UTF-32LE).  Is the file saved as UTF-8?  With or without a BOM (byte
order mark)?

This probably isn't the problem, but it's worth checking.  If you don't
know how to check, I can run you through it.

Paul.

--
Paul Hoffman :: nkuitse at nkuitse.com :: http://www.nkuitse.com/