[XeTeX] Bibtex and Xelatex problems

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Oct 25 14:11:58 CEST 2005

On 25 Oct 2005, at 11:01 am, Bernd wrote:

> Hello,
> I have started to create a bibliography with BibDesk and some nice
> scripts that help me gather all the information. Now I wanted to
> actually print out the whole stuff and had to find out that some
> unicode characters are plain left out. That is especially for
> characters that use bars and dots under and above letters such as
> you would want for trasliteration of Arabic script.

This sounds like you're using a font that doesn't support those
particular Unicode characters.

Does your data encode them as precomposed characters, or using the
Unicode combining marks? More fonts support the former than the
latter; but it depends on the specific characters you need.

For a font that provides a very large collection of Unicode accented
Latin characters, you could try Lucida Grande, or get something like
Gentium or Charis SIL:
     http://scripts.sil.org/Gentium
     http://scripts.sil.org/CharisSILfont

See if this helps make them visible.