[XeTeX] XeTeX 1.0 - request for comments

Florian Grammel grammel at gmx.net
Thu Oct 20 19:46:40 CEST 2005

Am 19.10.2005 um 21:49 schrieb William F. Adams:
> That's what the ``mapping=tex-text'' option in a font declaration
> does.

... so much about reading the documentation, that is available...
Sorry!

Am 20.10.2005 um 00:11 schrieb Jonathan Kew:

> You can create alternate font-mapping files that change the
> quotation marks to different characters; "tex-text" is not in any
> way built in to the XeTeX program, it's just a mapping file created
> with TECkit (http://scripts.sil.org/teckit) and stored in texmf/
> fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping. So create a variant called "tex-text-
> cs.tec" and then use fontspec to load this mapping when typesetting
> Czech.

I have now built several custom tec-files (one for just two f-
ligatures, one for all of them, &c.) and the results are just what I
had hoped for - great!
Thanks for this hint!

I'd guess that this replacement is made before the actual
typesetting, isn't it? Would my ligature-conversions affect babel's
hyphenation then?

Kind regards,
Florian.

Florian Grammel