[XeTeX] A few quick questions

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Oct 17 16:51:45 CEST 2005

> On Monday, October 17, 2005, at 08:22AM, Jonathan Kew
> <jonathan_kew at sil.org> wrote:
>
>>> 3. Is there some place I can put xfoobar.fmt (or something I can
>>> do) to prevent it from being clobbered when I update TeX using the
>>> i-Installer?
>>
>>An alternative would be to put your formats in ~/Library/texmf/web2c
>>(assuming you only want them available to a single user).
>>
>>JK
>
> Not to be tedious, but then should I do:
>
> sudo texhash ~/Library/texmf/web2c/

No. You would create root-woned hash index for a subpart of your personal
texmf tree. I have no idea what would happen, but I think it woul dbe
ignored.

And also you should not do

    texhash ~/Library/texmf

unless your perosnal texmf tree is huge. ~/Library/texmf is usable without
an index, but as soon as you add one, you have to update it every time you
change something and that is easy to forget. So, forget about texhash when
you are using your personal texmf tree

All of this of course assuming you use my redistribution.