[XeTeX] Fontspec and Garamond Premier Pro

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Fri Oct 14 15:16:48 CEST 2005

Hi,

I finally got my hands on the Garamond Premier Pro font and started
playing around with it. Strange enough I wasn't able to access most
of the fancy features of the font. Stuff like Swashes and Alternates
which XeLaTeX/fontspec can use with Adobe Garamond Pro (for example)
didn't work with Garamond Premier Pro with the following snippet.

%!TEX TS-program=xelatex
%!TEX encoding=UTF-8 Unicode
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec,xunicode}
\setromanfont[Ligatures={Rare,Contextual},Mapping=tex-text, Swashes=
{WordInitial,WordFinal,Contextual}]{Garamond Premier Pro}

\begin{document}
\emph{This is  a test}
\end{document}

Any ideas?

simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Mutschellenstr. 97

Telephon: ++41 43 535 81 71
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I have never been certain that the moral of the Icarus myth is, as
is generally accepted, 'don't fly too high', or whether it might also
be thought of as: 'forget about the wax and feathers, and do a better
job on the wings." Stanley Kubrick