[XeTeX] Re: [OS X TeX] New TeX i-Packages release

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Oct 14 11:26:15 CEST 2005

Am 12.10.2005 um 01:23 schrieb Gerben Wierda:

> I have also fixed a related bug in the TeX i-package that appeared
> when a XeTeX was already installed.

There seems to be one last bug: in Expert mode you are allowed to
choose xelatex (no option for xetex), although the the XeTeX files are
removed or not installed yet. So i-Installer changes
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/fmtutil.cnf to be in the end:

     127 # XeTeX formats
     128 #! xetex                xetex           -
*xetex.ini
     129 xelatex         xetex           language.dat    *xelatex.ini

In Expert mode while doing a Configure & Install no XeTeX format should
be shown as a format choice.

i-Installer writes into the Subprocess Output:

	### tex.configure: System wide configuration, TL2005-style.
	### tex.configure: Started...
	### tex.configure: Detected tl2004-type structure.
	### tex.configure: Files may have been added during install, the index
needs updating. Please wait....

which can't be true, because I use TL2005 since some weeks. Is there a
reason why upper-case and lower-case characters are used for the TeX
Live abbreviations?

--
Greetings

   Pete