[XeTeX] xelatex.fmt not found after update

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Oct 8 13:48:28 CEST 2005

Am 07.10.2005 um 13:07 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

>> The second one was created by the recent TeX i-Package (could be
>> changed by the ConTeXt beta updater too), and the last one is most
>> probably from the XeTeX i-Package.
>
> Really?

I can deduce this from the files' change dates. As long as I keep to
remember when I installed what ... Writing 'created' might be too much,
at least the files were changed at the dates indicated. Gerben's TeX
i-Package only contains the file ``./share/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf´´ in
the tar files.  /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/fmtutil.cnf is
probably built by i-Installer based on the formats selected.

> Is there a utility that updates fmtutil.cnf rather than editing it
> directly; like updmap(-sys) can update its configuration file.

Good idea! Every group (ConTeXt, XeTeX, pTeX, plTeX, csTeX ...) would
contribute its cnf-let and a script would collect one's choices ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

The human animal differs from the lesser primates in his passion for
lists of "Ten Best".
		-- H. Allen Smith