[XeTeX] new XeTeX installers

Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill j.m.figueroa at ed.ac.uk
Sat Oct 8 02:23:30 CEST 2005

Jonathan> I have just posted new XeTeX installers in both i-Package and Apple
Jonathan> Installer format. The new installers are intended to work with
Jonathan> TL2005, which has caused problems (typically resulting in failure to
Jonathan> build/find the xetex format files) for earlier releases.

Jonathan> The new version (0.95) has had only minimal testing, but I wanted to
Jonathan> get this out ASAP for the sake of people who are upgrading to TL2005
Jonathan> and then finding that XeTeX won't install. If there are problems
Jonathan> remaining with either the installation procedures or the actual
Jonathan> software, I'll try to address them next week; any feedback would be
Jonathan> much appreciated.

It was working before, but I figured it couldn't hurt to upgrade, but
now xelatex no longer works:

This is XeTeX, Version 3.141592-2.2-0.95 (Web2C 7.5.3)
---! /Users/jmf/Library/texmf/web2c/xelatex.fmt doesn't match xetex.pool
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

Any ideas?

Thanks, José