[XeTeX] xelatex.fmt not found after update

Florian Grammel grammel at gmx.net
Thu Oct 6 19:39:46 CEST 2005

After the recommended update from TL2004 to TL2005 using the i-
installer reinstalling XeTeX didn't work for me.

TeXShop kept reporting that "xelatex.fmt" couldn't be found. When I
looked for the file, both xetex.fmt and xelatex.fmt were actually
missing from texmf.local/web2c. Also another attempt to install xetex
with the i-installer didn't get them in place, eventhough -- like in
the first run -- no errors were reported.

I got xetex working again by just copying the missing files manually
from a friend's installation.

Did I make a mistake here or did anybody else have the same problem?

KInd regards,
Florian.

Florian Grammel

Fuglegårdsvænget 57, 1.th.