[XeTeX] Font sizes in footnotes, and dashes

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri May 20 20:30:17 CEST 2005

Le 20 mai 05 à 19:36, Tara Andrews a écrit :

> OK, let me repost my question, without the stupid mistakes
> distracting from the actual issue at hand.

About \newfontinstance I cannot tell, as I'm not experienced in using
fontspec.sty. But the following should work:

\DeclareFontFamily{U}{armfont}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{armfont}{m}{n}{<-> "Mshtakan"}{}
\DeclareTextFontCommand{\arm}
   {\normalfont\fontencoding{U}\fontfamily{armfont}\selectfont}

This, of course, assumes you're not requesting the font in bold
series. In case you do, then there needs to be a bold version of the
font available in Font Book, called Mshtakan Bold say, and you need
to add to the above lines:

\DeclareFontShape{U}{armfont}{b}{n}{<-> "Mshtakan\space Bold"}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{armfont}{bx}{n}{<-> ssub * armfont/b/n}{}

Bruno Voisin