[XeTeX] Font question

Jonas Wellendorf Jonas.Wellendorf at cms.uib.no
Sun May 15 23:09:57 CEST 2005

På 15. mai. 2005 kl. 20.06 skrev Jonathan Kew:

> On 15 May 2005, at 8:46 pm, Jonas Wellendorf wrote:
>

>> På 15. mai. 2005 kl. 17.37 skrev Bruno Voisin:

> Hoefler Text does have the ogonek accent itself, U+0328, ̨so if your
> text includes the sequence <o, U+0328> rather than the single
> character U+01EB, it will appear; however, the positioning of the
> accent on the base letter may be poor, depending on the font design
> and whether it includes AAT tables for precise accent positioning. (It
> probably doesn't.)
>
> You could make ǫ an "active character" expanding to the sequence <o,
> ogonek>:
>
> 	\catcode`ǫ=\active \defǫ{o\char"0328\relax}
>
> and see if the result is acceptable

Ok. Now I can see what the hooked o looks like in my editor using
Hoefler as document font in my editor and typing o followed by alt-0328
on the Hex keyboard.

But the resulting pdf-document is still not as I would expect. Instead
of the hooked o I get an o followed by an ogonek (o˛).

Please bear over with me if I am missing something basic here.

Thank you,
Jonas