[XeTeX] Font question

Jonas Wellendorf Jonas.Wellendorf at cms.uib.no
Sun May 15 21:46:48 CEST 2005

På 15. mai. 2005 kl. 17.37 skrev Bruno Voisin:

> Le 15 mai 05 à 18:49, Jonas Wellendorf a écrit :
>
>> This is not strictly a xetex related question or problem, but a
>> problem I have encountered while using xetex.
>> In my documents I need the character ǫ (hooked o). In regular latex I
>> type \textpolhook{o} to get this character. In xetex using a font
>> such as Gentium I simply enter alt+j and then o on my Norwegian
>> keyboard. But how do I get the same character while using say Hoefler
>> Text?
>
> Simply by installing and using the package xunicode.sty, from Ross
> Moore and available at the XeTeX "Related packages" page. It redefines
> many LaTeX control sequences to take advantage of the Unicode
> character set. In particular, it contains:
>

>  In this palette, by selecting Glyph in the first pull-down menu and
> Hoefler Text in the second you can see all characters in the font. The
> ogonek accent is indeed there, at position 901.

Hm, I still don’t get it.
The  procedure you described is the one I have been following with
Gentium. But I don’t get the expected results with Hoefler.
The following code will work fine with Lucida Grande but not with
Hoefler:

%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

\documentclass[12pt,draft]{article}
\usepackage{fontspec,xunicode}

\setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Hoefler Text}
%\setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Lucida Grande}

\begin{document}
\textpolhook{o},  \textpolhook{O}, ǫ, Ǫ.
\end{document}

Jonas