[XeTeX] Multiple Master Fonts

Jonathan Nicholl tex at jnicholl.org
Wed Mar 30 12:51:08 CEST 2005

Jonathan,

> The ATSUI interface to the MM axes seems to use a different scale than
> you see when using Adobe MM applications; the weight and width values
> are normalized so as to have a default of 1.0, apparently.

Aha! You're right. I've got it to work now.

Thank you for you help (and for the wonderful program)!

Will,

> What format do MM fonts need to be in to work in Mac OS X, and where
> did you come across them? They're no longer for sale, right? :(

MM fonts are still for sale. You can get them from www.fonts.com. (Just
do a search for 'MM' in the 'Quick Font Search' box.) What's more they
are relatively cheap. ($22 or $44 for the basic fonts, somewhat more
for the expert sets.) OS X seems to treat Adobe MM fonts just like any
other Postscript Type 1 font. You need the outline fonts and the font
suitcases.

Best wishes,

Jonathan