[XeTeX] Sanskrit hyphenation

somadevah at aol.com somadevah at aol.com
Tue Mar 29 13:16:41 CEST 2005

> tya-
> ktvā
> is a mere transposition of:
> त्य-
> क्त्वा
> in Latin script, it doesn't seem so strange. If we don't want such
hyphenations (personally I'm not shocked by them), I guess there should
be etymological patterns and it may take a fairly long time to define
them.

Yes, it is not too bad, but of course there will always be those that
complain that the root is tyaj, and hence we should hyphenate:

tyak-tvā

I had started compiling such a hyph. list by hand but it is pretty
tedious. So it makes sense to stick with a pattern that just copies the
Devanagari.

Somadeva Vasudeva