[XeTeX] Sanskrit hyphenation

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Mon Mar 28 11:26:44 CEST 2005

Le 28 mars 05, à 11:07, Will Robertson a écrit :

> exTeX is, I think, continuing the work of NTS in building a new TeX
> from the ground up using a modern architecture with support for
> unicode etc. etc. I don't know how far it's got, but there were a
> couple of papers in the just past EuroTeX on it so I believe it's
> actively under development.
>
> I guess the latter would be the most appropriate vehicle in which to
> build a "cross-platform XeTeX" if such a hypothetical beast was ever
> to emerge. (I don't see why not, while we're speaking in
> hypotheticals.)

Thanks for the above informations. I think I'll try my luck with exTeX,
not for my own use (I'm quite glad with XeTeX), but most of my students
work on Windows and a few on Linux. They could use standard TeX for
Sanskrit, but there's a growing number of e-texts in Unicode, and they
would have to be converted.

Kind regards,

Yves