[XeTeX] Sanskrit hyphenation

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Sat Mar 26 19:22:12 CET 2005

Le 26 mars 05, à 18:46, Will Robertson a écrit :

> That's a good question.
> I haven't done any typesetting with alternate hyphenation patterns,
> most unfortunately, so I haven't come across such a thing before.
> It sounds like a babel thing to me (?), but I don't know if it is
> something that needs to be included within fontspec itself. How would
> you use it in Plain XeTeX?

Yes, for other languages this is handled by Babel, and I didn't mean it
should be included in Fontspec. I was only wondering how font and
hyphenation selection could be associated.

With plain XeTeX I would write something like:

\font\dev="Sanskrit 2003:script=deva" at 14pt
% text in French
\language=\sanskrit
{\dev
% text in Sanskrit
}

With LaTeX (before Fontspec existed) I used a "\newcommand" to combine
font selection and "\language=\sankrit".

Kind regards,

Yves