[XeTeX] Confusion with encoding

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Fri Mar 25 15:24:57 CET 2005

On 26 Mar 2005, at 12:24 AM, Jon Breitenbucher wrote:

> I have noticed one problem with fontspec/xunicode, which others have
> mentioned, it tries to use the default roman font for math. This
> caused $\hat{\theta}$ to render some strange symbol when I tried to
> set up a document to use Adobe Garamond Pro. I just commented out the
> portion of fontspec.sty that deals with math and symbol fonts.

Yeah, this is a big problem at the moment and I hope to fix it up
somehow in the next release (whenever that happens to be). If it can't
be fixed I think it'll have to be turned off...

Note however that if you set up your default fonts after the beginning
of the document then the math fonts aren't affected.