[XeTeX] Confusion with encoding

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Fri Mar 25 10:37:53 CET 2005

Hi everybody,

sorry for this rather trivial question, but I haven't really used XeTeX
for quite some time and with the latest additions, some stuff doesn't
work as it used to.

I'm now using the latest versions of XeTeX, xunicode and fontspec and I
have the problems that typical LaTeX stuff like -- or ,, or `` isn't
rendered properly. This works when I use the adobetypeclassic package,
but if I understood this correctly this package shouldn't be necessary
anymore. I though xunicode would take care of this, but it doesn't.

TIA

simon
--
Simon Spiegel