[XeTeX] Is it possible

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Mar 23 18:00:02 CET 2005

On 23 Mar 2005, at 4:51 pm, Jon Breitenbucher wrote:

> I'm trying to develop a thesis class which uses hyperref to produce a
> nice hyperlinked thesis. It all works fine in pdfLaTeX and I get a PDF
> which has a hyperlinked Table of Contents, references, and index. When
> I try to use XeLaTeX, the document processes and looks fine, but I
> don't have any of the active hyperlinks. I am using the dvipdfm option
> with hyperref when XeLaTeX is used, should I be doing something else,
> or is what I want to accomplish impossible at this stage?

It ought to be possible. Are you viewing the resulting PDF with Acrobat
or with TeXShop/Preview? In my experience, Quartz-based PDF viewers
(e.g., TeXShop and Preview) don't support all the link types that
Acrobat does....and in particular, they don't support the links that
XeTeX generates.

If the links don't work in Acrobat either, could you send me a small
example to test with?

Thanks,