[XeTeX] Version 0.94 available

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Tue Mar 22 06:55:19 CET 2005

On 22 Mar 2005, at 4:49 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> I've uploaded release 0.94 to the XeTeX site and i-Directory. This
> version includes support for automatic optical sizing with OpenType
> fonts. See the documentation (newly updated) for more information.

Great!
This is wonderful news.

In due course I will update fontspec to explicitly support this new
feature; at the moment it is on by default in XeTeX itself so fontspec
needs no alteration. Since it is unlikely that anyone will want to turn
this off I don't consider it an urgent requirement.

I am amazed that you have managed to create such a feature rich program
in such a short amount of time -- I mean really, is there anything
comparable to XeTeX?

Thanks as always,

Will