[XeTeX] doc/samples available via i-Installer

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Mar 14 10:01:51 CET 2005

On 14 Mar 2005, at 8:31 am, Adam Lindsay wrote:

> Hey, what about delivering the Docs & Sample files on the disk image
> next
> to the installer .pkg? This way, the user can do what she likes with
> it.
> I think the only loss is that the .pkg won't auto-launch, which is no
> big
> loss, and it also helps draw the user's attention to the doco folder,
> which none of these where-to-hide-it discussions seem to do.

That makes sense for people who get XeTeX via the .dmg download.

But it doesn't help those (many, I think) who install the software via
i-Installer. Providing an i-Package for docs/samples is a way to draw
the existence of these materials to their attention, but the question
remains: what should their default installation location be?