[XeTeX] doc/samples available via i-Installer

suzume at mx82.tiki.ne.jp suzume at mx82.tiki.ne.jp
Sun Mar 13 08:26:43 CET 2005

>> My personal choices would be /Library/Documentation/XeTeX/ for
>> XeTeX-doc, and /Library/Application Support/XeTeX/ for XeTeX-samples,
>> but still there would be the problem of how to draw the user's
>> attention to these folders,
>
> ....but this still concerns me as it seems a bit obscure for the
> average (or beginning) user. I'd be interested to hear what others
> think about this; any opinions?

The XeTeX package installation process could mention something like
file location (from a "readme" file within the package) and launching
XeTeX from the command line with a -help parameter could display a few
text lines (preferably at the end of the text, before "mail bug reports
to nrsi at sil.org." with something like:

-----------
Documentation is located in ~/Library/wherever
Sample files are located in ~/Library/wherever

I don't think people who use TeX or XeTeX should be considered
"beginning" users in terms of computer use, especially since XeTeX is a
command line application. So maybe cli users are beginners when you
consider the Aqua side of OSX, but otherwise they should be able to
understand such basic information.

> Meanwhile, I'll wait a little and see if there are further comments
> from anyone......

that was my comment :)

JC Helary