[XeTeX] line spacing

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Tue Mar 8 06:58:34 CET 2005

Le 7 mars 05, à 22:59, Ross Moore a écrit :

Hello.

> Alternatively, why not use ~  in your documents,
> the way it has always been done traditionally in TeX ?

As for some other XeTeX users, I think, many of my source files are in
XML, so in "pure" Unicode. Unless I missed something, XSLT doesn't
allow to convert characters. So I have a rule such as:

<xsl:template match="tei:TEI">
<xsl:text>\documentclass[10pt,a4paper]{book}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage[frenchb]{babel}
\setromanfont[Scale=0.66,Variant=0,Numbers=OldStyle]{Zapfino}
\lineskiplimit=-1000pt
\renewcommand\baselinestretch{1.9}
\raggedbottom
\catcode"00A0=\active
\def^^^^00a0{\char32\relax}
\setcounter{secnumdepth}{-2}
</xsl:text>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

to write the LaTeX preamble. It's really no problem to have these two
lines:

\catcode"00A0=\active
\def^^^^00a0{\char32\relax}

in the template. I was just wondering if it was possible to take the
LaTeX text even closer to the XML text (perhaps facilitating the
transition to the ultimate text formatter: XML-XeTeX :)

Kind regards,

Yves