[XeTeX] making a format file of ConTeXt using XeTeX

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Mar 7 10:15:28 CET 2005

On 7 Mar 2005, at 3:50 am, Dalyoung wrote:

> I have applied all the steps to a mac in school, and confirm it worked
> fine exceot some cm font error.

Hi Dalyoung,

I'm still trying to understand why you are having all this trouble with
the CM fonts. I suspect that this has nothing to do with ConTeXt,
actually; you'll probably have the same problems if you try the Plain
sample "CM-test.tex" from the XeTeX samples download.

Just to confirm where the failure is happening, please try this in
Terminal and let me see the output from each command (the T1Wrap
command will not print anything to the Terminal if it runs
successfully):

	ls -l `kpsewhich cmr10.pfb`
	T1Wrap `kpsewhich cmr10.pfb` > /tmp/cmr10.pfb-sfnt.otf
	ls -l /tmp/cmr10.pfb-sfnt.otf

(The expected file sizes shown by the two ls commands would be 26882
and 27288, if T1Wrap runs correctly.)