[XeTeX] making a format file of ConTeXt using XeTeX

Charles Doherty charles.doherty at ntlworld.ie
Sat Mar 5 15:39:27 CET 2005

Dear Dalyoung, Jonathan and Adam,

I also have just finished following the instructions:

On 5 Mar 2005, at 14:19, Dalyoung wrote:

> Here are my steps following the suggestions by Adan and by Jonathan.
>
> 1. creat a folder texmf.local/web2c/xetex/context
I created an xetex folder in web2c but I didn't create the  /context
one.

> 2. move cont-en.fmt created by XeTeX to the above folder

I created the format in xetex folder

> 3. keep original cont-en.fmt in texmf.local/web2c/

yes

> 4. run the two test files;
> 	 texexec --pdf demo-tex.tex - produce fine output

Ran a few of my own files using the fonts gentium and Zapfino
No problems

>       texexec --xtx mytest.tex - produce output with font
> error(cmr10,...)
I have not used Computer modern
Dalyoung if you send me your file I could try it here.

> Hence, I think that there is no need to add a line;
>  TEXFORMATS.xetex = $TEXFORMATS/{xetex,}//

I had no need to do this either.

> I'll apply these steps to the another mac in my school on monday and
> see what happens.
> If it will work well, then I'll try to add some line in ConTeXt wiki.
> I have no experience in adding lines in wiki, but I'll try.

Dalyoung I have the same problem in relation to Wiki but if the various
steps seem correct to the experts then I would be happy to make
suggestions for the structure of the entry if that would be of help to
you.

Thanks again to all,
Charlie